- Project Management of the planning, tender, design, and construction of the two largest sports arena projects undertaken in Australia, being the Caloundra and Launceston night racing projects.
- Lead Consultant and Project Engineer for the Moreton Bay Central Sports Precinct (Synthetic FIFA Specification Soccer Field + 5 FIFA Specification Turf Soccer Fields, including National Level Competition Clubhouse, car parks and Sports Arena Lighting.
- Lead Consultant and Project Engineer for the Queensland Racing Industry Infrastructure Master Plan (Forward planning of Metropolitan and Provincial Racing Infrastructure. Included individual infrastructure masterplans and Delivery Programmes, and Project Construction Cost Estimates for Cairns, Townsville, Mackay, Rockhampton, Caloundra, Gold Coast, Beaudesert, Ipswich, and Toowoomba).
- Project Engineer, Project Management Assistance, and Contract Superintendent for Corbould Park Synthetic Race Course.
- Design Engineer / Construction Site Engineer for 18-hole Championship Golf Courses at Peregian Springs.
- Lead Consultant, Project Engineer, Superintendent and Construction Site Engineer for 18-hole Championship Golf Courses at Vanuatu.
- Expert witness to Queensland Interstate and Federal Courts and Tribunals.
- Project Management delivery of projects ranging from $100K to $500M including management of specialist sub-consultant and contractor teams.
- Contract Engineer for major infrastructure projects for the private sector, sports and recreation, local government, MRD, and mining sectors.
- Dilapidation investigations and reporting to the private sector, state government departments, and industry regulators/commissions.
- Contract Administration and construction phase services of building/construction works including commercial, industrial, operation and office facilities, accommodation, shopping centres, mining facilities, site services, and civil works up to $150M.
- Designer Engineer for Ooralea Park – Mackay Race Course, Corbould Park Synthetic Race Course, Clifford Park Synthetic Race Course, and the Corbould Park Stables Projects.
- Peregian Springs – 27 stages of residential allotment design including Operational Works trunk and local sewer design, council pump station and rising main design and documentation.
- Buderim Meadows Estate – 300 residential lots including Operational Works design and documentation of local sewerage infrastructure.
- Sunshine Motorway – Preliminary design of overpass and on/off ramps for “Coolum Ridges” project.
- Sunshine Motorway – Two lane roundabout on Motorway intersection with Murdering Creek Road / Doonan Bridge Road East.
- Wises Farm – 106-hectare master planned community in Maroochydore’s CBD including conceptual sewerage planning & cost analysis.
- Provision of design services on Racing Queensland’s $230M Industry Asset Infrastructure Improvement Scheme, which included Greyhound, Harness and Thoroughbred tracks and facilities.
- Settlers Cove, Noosa – 36 Ha High Density Unit Development.
- Chancellor Park Estate, Sippy Downs – 2000+ lot Master Planned Community.
- Rainforest Sanctuary, Buderim – 330 lot Residential Estate.
- $1.5M extension to Maroochydore Eagles Basketball Stadium, including design management of Architectural and Engineering teams, stakeholder consultation to determine and agree extent of new facilities and required functionality.
- Preparation of in excess of 50 successful tender submissions with Contour as lead-consultant. This included reviewing and responding to project briefs, communications and negotiations with sub-consultants, and successfully documenting proposed deliverables, timelines, fees and responsibilities.
- Preparation of risk-based Quality Management System in accordance with ISO 9001, which received 3rd party certification in 2013 and has continued to receive endorsement annually. This included liaisons with all internal resources to prepare Standard Operating Procedures, the risk assessment of these procedures and processes, and the preparation of a detailed risk matrix with mitigation and residual risk management strategies.
- TMR/RoadTek pre-condition inspections of 200+ dwellings and buildings. This included liaisons with property owners/occupiers to gain access, review of structural elements and preparation of detailed photographic surveys and engineering reporting for each property.
- Supervision of $22.5M in expenditure at Corbould Park, Caloundra, including Australia’s largest sports lighting project and a state of the are stabling complex.
- Supervision of a $5.5M upgrade to the Rockhampton Jockey Club, including new course proper and training track.
Marcus is the Brisbane Manager and a Senior Civil Engineer with Contour, and Registered as a Professional Engineer of Queensland.
With over 25 years of design and construction experience in Queensland, Marcus is an experienced and qualified Project Manager, and for 17 years was an integral component of the Pine Rivers and Moreton Bay Regional Council’s Development Assessment team.
During his time at Moreton Bay Regional Council, Marcus was responsible for mentoring and supervising the Development Assessment Engineering team and was required to have a clear understanding of the impact and issues associated with Development Applications across the cities, towns, townships and rural areas of the shire. Marcus holds a wealth of experience in the development industry and is intimately familiar with the requirements of State and Local Government planning instruments, policies and codes relating to all engineering facets, including flooding, drainage and transport.
- Flood modelling and reporting for the early design stages of Perigian Springs Residential Estate.
- Flood analysis and reporting for the Rain Forest Sanctuary estate located at Stringybark Road, Buderim.
- Site supervision and assisted in the contract administration, on behalf of Pine Water, for the 90ML water reservoir located at Ira Buckby Road, Warner.
- Contract documentation and administered numerous residential developments such as estates located at Kathleen Drive Bli Bli, and Samantha Drive Bli Bli, Kirsty Drive Tanawha, Bowerbird Place Landsborough, and Ivy Court Buderim.
- Established Pine Waters Dirty Water Isolation and Management Program.
- Structural design and documentation, including the inspections, for the Wellington Manor Retirement Village located at Wellington Point, and the Regis Aged Care located at Sippy Downs.
- Design and Construction supervision of industrial and residential developments, including both civil and structural components of the development.
- Major contributor in the drafting of Pine Rivers Shire and Moreton Bay Regional Council Engineering Codes and Policies.
- Feasibility studies for residential subdivisions.
- Stormwater modelling and reporting of the outcomes for residential and commercial estates, using the Rational Method and with the aid of computer modelling tools such as Rubicon, XP-Rafts, HEC RAS, and MUSIC.
- Negotiated outcomes on behalf of Council including thousands of dollars in infrastructure charges.
- Programmed capital works when acting as the Water and Sewerage Engineer at Pine Water.
- Represented Moreton Bay Regional Council in legal mediation proceedings for residential developments.
- Discussed, negotiated and actioned outcomes, and provided solutions at meetings with Residents, Action Groups, Developer consultants, and State and Local Authority Representatives.